Microsoft word is a popular word processor software . Today, I will show you how to compare two word documents in MS word . Many times, We need to compare word document for different purpose like create a new document based on old document .
In this situation we can use file compare tool provided by Microsoft in MS Word software . So , let’s start to reading about how to compare two word document and find difference using MS Word software .
- Open MS Office Word Application in your computer or laptop .
- Select the Review option from Menu Bar .
- Under the Review section , you will be see a option of Compare . Click on Compare option .
- Now select first option from drop down menu .
- After it , a pop up windows will be open . You need to select two file which you want to compare . Browse two file from your computer .
- If you want to change comparison settings click on More>> button and set these settings according to your requirements .
- At last , Click on OK button .
Now it will show you difference and same things in your selected documents . In summary section it will show you insertions , deletions ,comments , Moves , formatting etc .
If you are working as a content writer this tool is very helpful for you to find out and delete same sentence and create a unique article .
You learned compare word document using offline method . Continue to read this article and learn about how to compare two word documents online .
How to compare two word documents online
If you have not installed MS Office Software in your computer or laptop and you want to compare word document then you can use this method . There are many file compare tool available on the internet . You have require a internet connection to compare word document by online method .
Today , I will show you how to compare two word documents online using Draftable.com . Follow these steps to use file compare tool draftable .
- Now select both files from your computer which you want to compare .
- After Browse your files successfully, it will take few seconds to ready them for comparison . Then click on Compare document button .
- Now it will take some time to show result . When it complete comparison process it will show you two blocks like this given image given below .
Feature of this file compare tool
- Easily download the compared documents
- Draftable provide automatic zoom feature , you have no need to scroll down to find difference your document .
- You can print both document on a single page .
You learned how to compare two word documents by using MS Word and online File converter tools . Draftable is free of cost . You have no need to pay a single cent to use this service .
Read also : How to upload a video to Google drive from PC